Frequently asked questions

The office hours and phone numbers of our facility managers are listed on the residence websites.

Our residences are equipped with LAN access only as standard. However, a separate WLAN router can be connected. Instructions for installation can be found here->

Send a written, signed copy of your notice of termination toStudentenwerk. Either by post or Email. Note the terms of notice stated in your lease agreement.

Eight weeks to the end of a calendar month, or in lease contracts ending by the 15th of a month, eight weeks to the middle of a month.

Residency at a Studentenwerk residence is limited to 4 years.

No, only in cases of hardship which must be proven individually.

Rooms may be sublet for up to six months in certain exceptions and subject to permission granted by Studentenwerk. They may only be sublet to students entitled to accommodation and you may only charge the rent payment stated in your own agreement.

Yes, the house rules can be viewed here►. They must be adhered to at all times.

No, it is not permitted to keep pets at our residences.

In Frankfurt am Main and Wiesbaden students have to pay a second housing tax. In Rüsselsheim and Geisenheim there is currently no secondary housing tax.

No, please arrange for insurance yourself or through your parents.

The contribution service of ARD, ZDF and Deutschlandradio has summarised these and other frequently asked questions about the broadcasting contribution or about the regulations on the broadcasting contribution on a separate page for students. The corresponding application forms are also available there.

Information for students►

We are neither willing nor obliged to participate in a dispute settlement procedure before a consumer arbitration body in accordance with the Consumer Dispute Settlement Act (VSBG). However, the Consumer Dispute Resolution Act requires that we nevertheless refer you to a consumer arbitration body responsible for you: General consumer arbitration board of the Zentrum für Schlichtung e. V., Straßburger Str. 8, 77694 Kehl.