Statutory accident insurance
Enrolled students of the universities maintained by the Studentenwerk Frankfurt am Main officially have insurance covering for university accidents [accidents at work according to the National Social Insurance Code (Reichsversicherungsordnung RVO)]. Insurance cover applies for accidents that happened in temporal and spatial connection with the university and its facilities and which are ascribed to the organizational responsibility of the university.
- for participation in courses, including the breaks
- for visits of other university institutions (university libraries, seminars),
- for participation in general university sports,
- for participation in excursions led by an university lecturer,
- for the way from or to the place the university event occurs.
Insurance does not cover studies or work within the private or domestic sphere, even if they are required for examination preparation.
The registration offices for university accidents are located in the student secretariats of the universities. The immediate written notification of the accident is required for service provision. The statutory accident insurance covers the costs for medical treatment after examination of the accident and provides, if necessary, compensation through cash payments such as injury payment, injury pension or death grant.