Frequently asked questions


You can apply for accommodation at Frankfurt/Main Studentenwerk by completing the online form. This will automatically add you to the waiting list.

You can apply anytime and will be registered on our waiting list. Once per month we will send you an email asking you to confirm you are still interested until we are able to offer you a place in accommodation.

Yes. However, you will have to provide a certificate of enrolment when you sign the lease agreement.

Anyone enrolled at one of the following higher education institutes:

  • Goethe University, Frankfurt/Main
  • Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
  • Frankfurt School of Music and Performing Arts
  • RheinMain University, Wiesbaden Rüsselsheim
  • Geisenheim University 
  • HfG Offenbach School of Design

Waiting times are longest at the beginning of a semester. It usually takes 3 to 6 months to be admitted if you apply for a place anywhere within the Studentenwerk residences. However, if you limit your choice, e.g. by restricting it to only one specific apartment, you may have to wait several years.

The tenements are usually let until the last day before the next tenant moves in so we cannot arrange for you to see them in advance. You can make your own arrangements to view the residences. A previous tenant may not object to a short inspection of the tenement.

Yes, two month's rent instalments will have to be paid as a deposit.

A limited number of rooms can be provided to student interns from other universities/institutes and only during the semester breaks or due to other organisational reasons. Special fees will apply.

Yes. There are several rooms suitable for disabled persons at the residences Rat-Beil-Strasse, Ginnheimer Landstraße 40, Hansaallee, Beethovenplatz, Bockenheimer Landstraße and Ludwig-Landmann-Strasse. Please contact directly our Accommodation Department.

There are three two- to three-room apartments for students with children.

If we offer you a furnished room, the equipment includes a bed with mattress, a desk with chair, a wardrobe and a bookcase. In addition, there is always the possibility of blacking out in front of the window.

Apartments are additionally equipped with a small kitchenette, including a 2-burner hob and refrigerator, but without crockery or other utensils.


The office hours and phone numbers of our facility managers are listed on the residence websites.

Our residences are equipped with LAN access only as standard. However, a separate WLAN router can be connected. Instructions for installation can be found here->

Send a written, signed copy of your notice of termination toStudentenwerk. Either by post or Email. Note the terms of notice stated in your lease agreement.

Eight weeks to the end of a calendar month, or in lease contracts ending by the 15th of a month, eight weeks to the middle of a month.

Residency at a Studentenwerk residence is limited to 4 years.

No, only in cases of hardship which must be proven individually.

Rooms may be sublet for up to six months in certain exceptions and subject to permission granted by Studentenwerk. They may only be sublet to students entitled to accommodation and you may only charge the rent payment stated in your own agreement.

Yes, the house rules can be viewed here->. They must be adhered to at all times.

No, it is not permitted to keep pets at our residences.

In Frankfurt am Main and Wiesbaden students have to pay a second housing tax. In Rüsselsheim and Geisenheim there is currently no secondary housing tax.

No, please arrange for insurance yourself or through your parents.

You can find some information about the broadcasting fee here.

We are neither willing nor obliged to participate in a dispute settlement procedure before a consumer arbitration body in accordance with the Consumer Dispute Settlement Act (VSBG). However, the Consumer Dispute Resolution Act requires that we nevertheless refer you to a consumer arbitration body responsible for you: General consumer arbitration board of the Zentrum für Schlichtung e. V., Straßburger Str. 8, 77694 Kehl.