The Studentenwerk Frankfurt am Main works closely together with the universities, but is also legally independent upon these as a public agency. The law of the Studentenwerke at the universities of Hessianregulates which Studentenwerke are responsible for the universities, which duties are to be fulfilled by these, and with which means the duties are to duties are to be perceived.
By law and through the actual executive board, the Studentenwerke ought to guarantee that their economic facilities exclusively and immediately fulfil non-profit puposes. The bodies of the Studentenwerk Frankfurt am Main are the administrative and executive board.
The Hessian Studentenwerkeare subject to the legal supervision of the Hessian Ministry for Science and the Arts.
The following belong to the Studentenwerk Frankfurt am Main administrative board by law:
- the president of Goethe University as chairperson*
- the president of Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences*
- the president of RhineMain University of Applied Sciences*
- the president of Geisenheim University*
- a president of both art universities*
- two professors of Goethe University
- two students of Goethe University
- a student of Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
- a student of RhineMain University of Applied Sciences
- a student of Geisenheim University
- a student of both art universities
- two employees of the Studentenwerk
*who can be substituded by another member of the executive committee
Executive Director: Konrad Zündorf
The executive director represents the Studentenwerk judicial and extrajudicial. He is the commissioner of budget and supervisor of the Studentenwerk employees.