State support

Housing benefit

Housing benefit is a state rent subsidy for people with low income.

As a student you only have a chance of receiving housing benefit under certain requirements. We consult you to this matter at our consultation centre.

You have to apply for housing benefit at the responsible office in your city of community.

Further information is available here.

Foreign students who have a residence permit for their studies are not entitled to housing benefit.

Unemployment benefit

Only in special cases students on leave with a child are entitled to this state support.

Further information for students with a child ->